Works as part of a team to build very large die cast molds and tooling. Assembles details of large dies according to customer’s needs, following blueprint drawings and other written and verbal specifications and instructions.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
• Position and assemble parts according to special instructions and blue prints drawings.
• Measure Parts to specified tolerances.
• Inspect parts for cleanliness and flaws. Inspect parts prior to final assembly.
• Operate pneumatic tools and hand tools to aid in assembly (grinder, soldering equipment and hand drill)
• Deburs and grinds part as needed.
• Records time on process sheets for each process of assembly.
• Rebuild Dies – clean, disassemble, replace parts as needed and assemble.
• Use chemicals, adhesives, solvents, lubricants, epoxies and paints as required.
• Operates both stationary and moving overhead cranes.
• Operates fork lift as required.
• Fits parts together utilizing spotting ink.
• Mounts and connects electrical, hydraulic equipment, cuts and fits pipe and tubing.
• Removes small quantities of metal using hand files or portable grinders to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts. Understands tolerances and stack-up dimensions.
• Aligns components and bolts, screws, or rivets them together, using hand tools and portable tools.
• Plumb dies for air, water, lube and hydraulics per assembly drawings.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned to support and improve the overall operations.
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Vocational school training a plus.
• One year related experience including assembly, blue print reading or equivalent education and work experience.
• Ability to read and understand blue prints drawings.
• Ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in small group situations, customers, clients and other employees of the Corporation.
• Good math skills.
• Basic machining skills.
• Working knowledge of precision measuring tools (micrometers, indicators, etc.)
• Knowledge of pipe threading, bending, and plumbing installation techniques.
• Safety Conscience.
• Lifting up to 65 pounds.
• Climbing up to 30”.
• Kneeling up to 30 minutes.
Hours Per Week
March 2, 2022