Operate computer numerical control machines (CNC) to machine details of very large die cast tooling. They produce high quality details within tight tolerances d must be able to determine the optimum methods, tooling and speeds and feeds to machine parts in the most efficient manner possible. Keep an organized approach to machining details correctly by completing set-ups, indicating parts in, planning and setting tool changes, and completing some programming. The position communicates with the CAM Department for the majority of the programming and interacts with other co-workers regarding job status and schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
• Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping and de-burring.
• Must to be able to operate multiple machines.
• Perform inspection of machined parts. Complete Inspection Chart. Complete CIR as needed.
• Operator needs to be able to perform part set-up (manually install eyebolts weighing 20lbs – 70lbs) attach chain (5lb – 85lb) to part and crane, operate crane to lift part to table, clamp and align part to the table with wrench or bar.
• Dayshift operator responsible to organize and make ready drawings and programs for the night shift.
• Operate Windows based PC to obtain programs from CAM Department and/or program using “G” codes.
• Read and interpret blueprints, use Trigonometry to perform calculations and use precision hand held measuring tools to ensure accuracy.
• Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall operations.
• Strong math skills including Trigonometry.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
• Ability to operate a PC.
• Ability to operate tow motor
• Ability to operate overhead crane
• Safety conscious.
• Ability to work and communicate with others.
• Ability to understand programming and controls using “G” Codes.
• Climb steps of vertical ladder.
• Lifting up to 85 pounds.
• Pushing and pulling parts up to 85 pounds.
• Standing / walking /kneeling / climbing 80-95% of time
Days of Week
Day Shift - Monday to Friday, Night Shift - Sunday to Thursday
Time of day
Day Shift 7:00AM to 5:30PM, Night Shift - 7:30PM Sun-3:15AM and Mon-Thurs 5:15PM-3:15AM
October 13, 2023