Operate computer numerical control machines to machine details of very large die cast tooling. They produce high quality details within tight tolerances by . Determine the optimum methods, tooling and speeds and feeds to machine parts in the most efficient manner possible. Keep an organized approach to machining details correctly by completing set-ups, indicating parts in, planning and setting tool changes, and completing some programming. The position communicates with the CAM Department for the majority of the programming and interacts with other co-workers regarding job status and schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
• Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping and de-burring.
• Must to be able to operate multiple machines.
• Perform inspection of machined parts. Complete Inspection Chart. Complete CIR as needed.
• Operator needs to be able to perform part set-up (manually install eyebolts weighing 20lbs – 70lbs) attach chain (5lb – 85lb) to part and crane, operate crane to lift part to table, clamp and align part to the table with wrench or bar.
• Dayshift operator responsible to organize and make ready drawings and programs for the night shift.
• Operate Windows based PC to obtain programs from CAM Department and/or program using “G” codes.
• Read and interpret blueprints, use Trigonometry to perform calculations and use precision hand held measuring tools to ensure accuracy.
• Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall operations.
• Strong math skills including Trigonometry.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
• Ability to operate a PC.
• Ability to operate tow motor
• Ability to operate overhead crane
• Safety conscious.
• Ability to work and communicate with others.
• Ability to understand programming and controls using “G” Codes.
• Climb steps of vertical ladder.
• Lifting up to 85 pounds.
• Pushing and pulling parts up to 85 pounds.
• Standing / walking /kneeling / climbing 80-95% of time
Hours Per Week
March 2, 2022