Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair machinery. Thorough knowledge of Plant equipment, electrical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, HVAC units, compressors and machine controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain machines and the plant facilities equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled preventative maintenance.
• Repairs machine to the dimensional and geometric standards which includes leveling and squaring to provide a quality part.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, CNC Controls, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of machines and cranes.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals, blueprint drawings and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Research and order parts that are needed for repairs.
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment and make necessary adjustments.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance.
• May operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
• Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Listens for unusual sounds and operation from machines or equipment to detect malfunction, and discusses machine operation variations with Supervisor and other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities. (May operate a lathe or mill to machine or repair parts?)
• Hand scrapes machine ways for flatness (scraper hand).
• Knowledge of CNC Controls.
• Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Trade or technical training is preferred.
• 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, repairing CNC Controls and industrial skills.
• Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical systems.
• Ability to operate precision instruments.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings and machine maintenance manuals.
• Be mechanically inclined.
• Ability to operate a crane and forklift.
• Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization along with vendors.
• Safety conscious.
• Lifting up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to work at various heights.
• Able to crawl and work in tight spaces.
Time of day
7 AM - 5:30 PM Mon - Fri, Plus Weekends as Needed
Hours Per Week
55 Hours/Week Minimum
May 24, 2016