Ability to operate an EDM ram/wire machines to produce accurate finish surfaces and contours in tool steel.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
• Reads and interpret blueprint drawings and plot sheets for electrodes to produce dimensionally correct parts.
• Sets part on table, indicates and clamps part in place, identify X, Y & Z dimensions and clamp electrode to burn part.
• Manually set controls to take off the necessary stock.
• Checks parts before, during and after burning to verify for accuracy.
• Write’s own programs.
• Operate crane or manually lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Inspect part with probe against check sheet.
• Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall operations.
• High school education or G.E.D.
• 3-5 years suitable work experience.
• Ability to read and interpret prints.
• Ability to manually set controls to proper tolerances.
• Ability to read micrometers, gauges and probe.
• Good math skills.
• CNC programming knowledge.
• Ability to work with and communicate with others.
• Safety Conscious.
• Lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Able to stand during majority of the shift.
Time of day
Night Shift - 5:15 PM - 5:15 AM plus Weekends as Needed
Hours Per Week
May 24, 2016