Responsible to the Die Cast Supervisor to perform technical assistance in the use of equipment, facilities, and team members in order to meet all safety, production, quality, and departmental goals and requirements. The die cast technician assists in all facets of the die cast operation to implement all necessary skills needed not only meet but exceed customers’ expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
• Installation, set up, operate, maintenance of die cast equipment, furnaces, trim, robot, cranes, various tool room equipment, tow motors, hand tools, fabrication tools, and others as assigned.
• Die cast operation, sampling and production to meet customer requirements.
• Assist in development of new technologies.
• Set dies, die maintenance, additional shop duties.
• Provide direct assistance to die cast manager in all aspects of the die cast facility.
• Work in association with all levels and disciplines of both internal and external management and labor to assure objectives are met.
• Provide instruction and assistance in training on equipment and processes to team members.
• Perform “off site” activities as required.
• Minimum high school diploma or G.E.D. (preferred AS/BS degree in a technical field).
• 3 or more years high pressure die cast experience.
• Basic computer skills.
• Strong working knowledge of die cast processes.
• Working knowledge of die cast equipment, furnaces, molten metal management.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management and various technical personnel.
• Basic knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, shop processes.
• Basic knowledge of die setting techniques, rigging.
• Ability to train, and instruct team members as applicable.
• “Hands-on”, goal oriented, self starter, capable of working with minimum supervision.
• Safety conscious.
• Lifting up to 60 pounds.
• Twisting motion moving part from one area to the next with up to 60 pound weight.
• Ability to work in hot conditions.
• On feet entire shift.
• Ability to climb steps.
• Kneeling and squatting for brief periods of time.
Time of day
7 AM - 5:30 PM Monday - Friday, and weekends as needed
Hours Per Week
January 29, 2019