As a world-class provider of in-house-designed and manufactured die cast tooling for large automotive companies over the past 75 years in Muncie, Indiana, Delaware Dynamics is poised to develop a strong Aerospace Tooling niche.
With an expanding business, we are in the process of building a team of experienced Tooling Assemblers as well as a Team Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Effectively use laser tracking system in the building of dies/die components.
• Lays out, fabricates, assembles, and repairs jigs, fixtures, forms, templates, and related tooling used in manufacturing aerospace and automotive parts and assemblies.
• Examines blueprint of part for which template, jig, fixture, or other tooling is to be built.
• Calculates unspecified dimensions, and lays out design on assorted materials to establish and coordinate reference points and tooling holes, using measuring instruments, such as dividers and straightedges.
• Sets up and operates variety of machines and shop equipment to cut, shape, and finish materials to specified dimensions.
• Fits, aligns, and assembles tooling components, and measures tooling assembly for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring and checking instruments.
• Joins assembly components, using bolts, pins, clamps, screws, rivets, or other method.
• Repairs and/or reworks tools as needed.
• Enforces and complies with a safety policies and procedures.
• Maintains continuity of work flow by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs with appropriate departments and personnel.
• Able to manage work flow to meet both price and delivery.
• 7+ years of experience in aerospace tooling.
• Comprehensive knowledge using laser tracking in the assembly and building of tools.
• Operating knowledge of:
Small machine/mill operations,
Experience working with ENOVIA or CATIA.
• Lifting up to 65 pounds.
• Climbing up to 30”.
• Kneeling up to 30 minutes.
Days of Week
M-F - some Saturdays
Hours Per Week
November 10, 2017